Alternate ending of Act 3:
Nora: That our life together could be a real marraige. Good-bye.(She goes through the hall door)
Helmer:(sinking down on a chair by the door and burying his face in his hands) Nora!Nora! (He rises and looks round) Empty! She's not here any more! (With a glimmer of hope) "The greatest miracle of all...?"
Helmer: Wait Nora! Wait!(He rushes to the door and runs to Nora) Give me a chance to make this "miracle"happen for you!I can't loose you.(he reaches for her arm)
Nora:(She turns around suddenly) Don't you understand Torvald? I was never yours! You lost me since the day this marraige began! I'm nothing but a doll to you.
Helmer: No Nora, no. You mean so much to me I need you! The children need you! I-
Nora: No Torvald. I do not love you anymore, I'm not even sure I did even when I saved your life. Maybe I was just pretending to love you. I need to find myself. I need to figure out what I'm going to do with myself for the rest of my life.
Helmer:(he grabs both her shoulder's)I can help you. I won't treat you like a doll at all! We'll talk like husbands and wives ought to!
Nora: Let go of me Torvald. Physically, and mentally. I need to go now, so for the last time-Good-bye Torvald Helmer.
(Helmer let go of her shoulder's, and stood speechless.Nora turned back around and continued her journey to find herself in the world. Suddenly Nora smiled,because she felt as though a wheight has been lift off of her and for the first time, she felt..free.)
1 comment:
I commented on sofia's and kieyara's blogs
Post a Comment